- The Nordic Network of International Schools is a non-profit organisation.
- Annual membership fees will be determined by the Steering Committee
- Annual conferences will be financed by conference fees payable by individual conference participants and exhibitors
- Conference fees will be paid by all participants with the exception of:
- Steering Committee members, if above 10 paying participants
- Presenters if above 10 paying participants (where there is more than 1 presenter for a presentation, only 1 of the presenters will be admitted to the conference free of charge.)
- The Steering Committee is self-perpetuating and comprised of a maximum of 6 member schools. Each school may nominate up to 2 representatives, of which one representative has voting rights at any given meeting. A vote is carried with a simple majority. In the event of a tied vote the chair has the casting vote.
- Non-founder schools may be invited to be a member of the Steering Committee for a period of four years, with an option for renewal at the end of this period
- The Chairperson and Vice Chairperson role will rotate depending on which school is hosting the conference. The Chairperson will always be the Head of the School hosting the conference that year, or his/her official representative. The Vice Chairperson will be the Head of the School hosting the conference the following year, or his/her official representative
- The Steering Committee should also consist of a treasurer/secretary within its members.
Responsibilities of schools on the Steering Committee:
- Host the Annual Conference and the Leaders Conference on a rotational basis
- Commit to a minimum of 10 participants at the annual teachers’ conference
- Promote the Nordic Network
Hosting the Annual Conference
- This will be on a rota basis where possible. The rota being as follows:
- In the event of a school not being able to host a conference, then the next school on the rota will be approached to hold the conference.
- New members of the Steering Committee will be expected to host the conference in their second year of membership. The rota will be adjusted accordingly.
- This will be held in October/November each year.
- The location of the Leaders Conference will be determined by the organising committee in accordance with the Nordic Networks Vision and Mission.
- The organising committee is approved by the Steering Committee.
- Agenda to be set in advance of the conference.
- Leaders from Founder Member, Regular Member and Associate Member schools may attend
- There is no fee for attending this conference.
- The cost of hosting the Leaders Conference is covered by the Nordic Network.
- The Steering Committee has the discretion to invite guests, free of charge, for the purpose of promoting the network.
Steering Committee Meetings
- The Steering Committee will meet at least 3 times per year: once at the Leaders Conference, once at the Annual Conference and once in early Spring.
- The venues for the October meeting will be in conjunction with the Leaders Conference.
- The venue for the early spring meeting will be determined annually by the steering committee.
- The host school will provide a room for the meeting and provide suitable refreshments and lunch for the day.
- In the event of a steering committee meeting being held in a non-Steering Committee member school, the Nordic Network will cover the cost of the above.
Participation at the Annual Conference
Any school may send representatives to the annual Nordic Network Conference provided the appropriate conference fees have been paid.
Review of Policies and Documentation
Policies and documentation should be reviewed every second year,
Last reviewed October 2015.